- 1.5 ounces Laird’s Applejack
- .5 ounces Zucca Rabarbaro (Childs uses The Farm and Fisherman’s spring amaro)
- .75 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice
- .5 ounces 1:1 demerara simple syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Fever Tree Ginger Beer (Childs uses homemade apple-ginger beer)
- Lemon twist for garnish
Combine all the ingredients except the ginger beer in a cocktail shaker with plenty of ice. Shake vigorously and then double strain into a coupe glass, using both a Hawthorne and fine-mesh strainer. Top with ginger beer and garnish with the lemon twist.