- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 heaped tablespoon whole pink peppercorns
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups cashew pieces, toasted
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 325°F.
Sift and whisk together the flour baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a food processor or spice grinder, grind the peppercorns with about 1 cup of the dry mix, until the peppercorns are finely ground.
With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until they are light and fluffy, then add the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla. Mix well for another 30 seconds to one minute.
Add the ground peppercorns and dry mix and mix until just incorporated, then, with the mixer on low speed, add the cashews and white chocolate chips. Mix just until everything is combined and there are no dry pockets of flour:
Scoop rounds of dough (about the size of a heaped tablespoon) onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, spaced with about an inch in between. Flatten each dough mound slightly. Bake for 8–10 minutes, or until set and lightly browned.