- 1½ ounces Espolón Blanco tequila
- ¾ ounce Zucca rabarbaro
- ½ ounce fresh rhubarb juice ½ ounce
- Rhubarb Hibiscus Syrup (recipe follows)
- 2 dashes Fee Brothers rhubarb bitters
- Ginger beer, to top
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup dried hibiscus flowers
Layer all the ingredients except the ginger beer over ice in a Collins glass. Add ginger beer to top, and garnish with a rhubarb ribbon. Mix with your straw before enjoying.
Makes 2.5 cups, enough for 40 drinks.
(Recipe may be halved.)
Combine all the ingredients in a medium pot over high heat. Let it come to a boil, stirring occasionally, then remove it from the heat and let the mixture steep for 30 minutes. Strain the liquid through a fine-mesh sieve into a jar, pressing the solids to extract as much syrup as possible. Seal and store extra syrup in the refrigerator for up to one month.