- 2 bunches fresh kale (any variety works, although dinosaur kale is my favorite), cleaned, de-stemmed, rolled and thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 cup miso paste (any variety)
- 1 tablespoon peeled minced ginger (plus a little of the juice)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup safflower oil
To Make the Dressing:
Combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to incorporate. Slowly add safflower oil in a slow trickle and whisk to combine.
To Assemble the Salad:
Toss the kale and garlic together in a large bowl and pour in the dressing 1/4 cup at a time and toss to coat. Use as little or as much dressing as you'd like (refrigerate any that's left over in an airtight container).
Optional add-ins: toasted walnuts; pepitas; crunchy sprouts; raw broccoli; grilled chicken, salmon or tofu.
Serves 4 as a light lunch or appetizer.
Courtesy of Julie Fearn Klein, chef and owner of Lovin’ Oven, Frenchtown